On the digital history front, not a lot to report. I have finished grading the pre-tests, but have not given the students their scores yet. I am waiting to see how many fellow faculty members I can talk into also taking the test. About 5 have agreed to do so over the next week and it will be very interesting to see how well they do. A couple of them made me promise not to release their scores to anyone else if they don’t well and I agreed to that condition. I am also considering who else I can ask to take the test and so far do not have any ideas.
On the PKAP front, I am happy to report that we purchased a domain name for our website – www.pkap.org. One piece of feedback that I constantly received on our website was that the address was too long and too hard to remember (www.chss.iup.edu/pkap/). Over the last 2 years I have been collaborating with colleagues in IUP’s anthropology department on several technology and equipment grants, and we recently purchased a new server. Since we now have additional web and storage space, I decided to finally investigate how expensive it would be to purchase domain name for the project and if that was even something we could do at IUP. It turns out that it is incredibly easy and very inexpensive, so I purchased the pkap.org name for the project. It will probably take about 2 weeks to set up the name and server, and migrate our site to its new location. I will let you know when that happens.